At Marlborough Law we aim to provide the highest standard of legal service to every client. However, there may be instances where this is not achieved.
We shall consider any complaint carefully and objectively, in our efforts to resolve the issues.
WHAT WE WILL DO?
- If you want to raise a complaint, please raise them with the lawyer dealing with your matter.
- If you do not wish the lawyer to deal with the complaint, or they have not addressed all your concerns to your satisfaction, you should raise your concerns with their supervisor. Their supervisor’s name will be mentioned in our engagement letter to you, sent at the beginning of your case or transaction.
- If your complaint cannot be addressed at this point, it goes to the second state.
- You can progress your complaint to Marlborough Law’s compliance officer, Alex Atkins (firstname.lastname@example.org) address:
24 High Street
Hungerford, West Berkshire
01488 508 008
- If you are progressing your complaint, please set out the nature of your complaint in suitable detail to allow us to consider it fully.
- We will seek to acknowledge receipt of your complaint within five working days.
- We will tell you how long it will take us to investigate your complaint. We aim to respond within a month of the complaint being brought. However, this can be longer.
- We will respond to you with the result of our investigation via email or letter.
- If it is found that there is a service that was not provided as an acceptable standard, we shall find a way to try resolve your complaint.
- If we find that there has been no poor service and you disagree, you have the right to complain to the Legal Ombudsman,
- You must make your complaint within 6 months of our final letter to you.
The Ombudsman’s contact details are:
PO Box 6806
Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ
For more information on complaints, contact our governing body the SRA
details at ;